Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tag

It seems that I was "tagged" in the blog world by my sweet friend, Andrea. So here goes the official post:

11 Things about me...
(I've done something like this before, so some of these may sound familiar)

1.I have self-diagnosed CDO. It's kind of like OCD; except the letters are in alphabetical order as they should be. Let's just say "a place for everything and everything in it's place" is putting it mildly.

2. I could live on pasta for the rest of my life. Husband thinks I am secretly trying to convert him to a vegetarian... he may or may not be right.

3. I love to write. I love the way words can flow seamlessly across a page to form new stories and ideas. There could be more to come from this once I have a little more time on my hands...

4. I hate sand but I love the beach.

5. I'm secretly a 14 year old girl on the inside... I love Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, High School Musical and Glee.

6. I judge people on their bumper stickers and that determines whether I let them in front of me.

7. I have a mild obsession with awards shows. The Oscars are my super bowl.

8. I have had chocolate chip pancakes every Thursday night (almost) for dinner the past four years. I think it's more fun if I leave this one as is without an explanation.

9. I am a "beginner" runner. I started a couple years ago and picked it up again last summer. I went running again on Saturday and it felt great. It reminds me that my body is capable of doing something.

10. I am learning more every day about God's sustaining grace.... which leads me to number 11.

11. I am now a mom of two babies in Heaven at the age of 26. I like to think that now they have each other to play with.

If you could have someone play you in a movie, who would you choose?
Reese Witherspoon. She might have to darken her hair a bit, though.

If you won the lottery, what would be the FIRST thing you would do with your money?
Donate to the Kanakuk Institute and Tri-County Young Life for some scholarships and camperships while booking an amazing trip around the world... all at the same time.
  
What song will always bring you out on the dance floor?
Those that know me best know that I'm not that outgoing of a dancer. Husband on the other hand will dance even if there is no music... or really anyone around...

What is one quirky thing you do that others may find strange?
I feel as though my roommates might be able to better answer this than I can... Here's one- If I drink a glass of milk, I always have to put it in the freezer for about 5 minutes before I drink it- this way it's not frozen, but nicely chilled. This is usually done in combination with with fun fact #8 above.

If you could change your profession to anything without having to go back to school, what would you choose?
Seeing as how I pretty much have the best job on the planet right now and I'm about to give it up for the oppotunity to have another amazing job and be able to stay home more... this one's hard. The only job I can think of that I would love more than what I'm doing now is co-hosting the Today Show alongside Matt Lauer.

What one superpower would you choose to have?
The ability to make things happen just by twitching my nose like on Bewitched. You know... delicious gormet meals, cleaning, yard work, etc.

Who is the one famous person you would like to meet?
Only one? Today, I would have to say Oprah and not just because people pronounce my last name like that.

If you could live during any time in history, when would you choose?
Though I could do without WWII, I would have to say the 1940's- Love the fashion, the hairstyles and the lifestyle without all of the technology that distracts us today.
 
What is your favorite photograph?
The summer that Dustin and I got married, we drove across the country after kamp. We didn't have any money or really knew what we were doing. We knew that our adventure was just beginning.













Would you rather be 4' or 7' tall?
This is tough... I guess 4ft, because that way I could still wear tall heels to make up for it.

If you could only do one dance for the rest of your life, would it be the macarena or the electric slide?
I would rather staple my feet to the floor... but if I had to choose probably the electric slide. Boogie oogie...

No comments:

Post a Comment