Ok, I know your first thought may be... really? That is what I thought to, but I figured I would give this recipe a shot because husband likes things with a kick (and really so do I). If you like buffalo chicken, I would suggest giving this recipe a chance and you might be as pleasantly surprised as I was.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (healthy request)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (healthy request)
- 1 bunch green onions (chopped)
- 4 cups of milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 cup Frank's buffalo sauce (I used a whole cup, because we like things spicy but I would probably use 3/4 cup next time)
- 1 cup of sour cream (I use low-fat)
-1 tbsp butter
1. Saute the chicken on the stove top in a little bit of buffalo sauce (about a 1/4 cup) and a tbsp of butter.
2. In a separate pot, combine the soups, milk, buffalo sauce and onions on low heat. Stir until thoroughly mixed.
3. When the chicken is fully cooked, shred it with two forks and add it to the soup.
4. Mix the sour cream into the pot and stir until texture is smooth.
5. Let simmer for 5-10 more minutes.
6. Serve topped with whatever sounds good- I topped mine with a scoop of sour cream and some chopped celery, green onion and mozzarella cheese (blue cheese crumbles would have been delish but I didn't have any).