Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New Things Coming

If you've been following my blog for a while, you've gotten to see snapshots of what I get to do for my job. If you're new to the blog, you can click on the "Children's" category on the side bar to see what I'm talking about. I can honestly say that I have the best job in the world, love where I work and the people that I work with. Last summer when I was pregnant the first time, I was able to really evaluate my job through the eyes of a mom and I realized that as much as I love what I do- I ultimately wanted to stay home when we had a baby. Don't get me wrong- I know many moms that work full-time and love it. That is just not what Dustin and I desire for our family. We began to pray about it and I didn't really have clarity as to what this meant in regards to staying home full-time or possibly working part-time. I did know that for me to even work part-time, I would have to love where I worked and what I was doing.

After our first miscarriage, not only were our hearts were broken but I was also left with this feeling of uncertainty in regards to what God had in store for us. Towards the end of the year, a friend/former coworker informed me of a potential opening in her department. The position was to be part-time as a program coordinator in our Transplant Services department as the director of Camp Independence (Children's camp for kiddos with kidney disease, on dialysis or have received an organ transplant). Dustin and I both prayed about this opportunity and I decided to interview for it. This job seemed to be the perfect fit as it was still at Children's- but working two days a week at the hospital and one day from home. I accepted the position right before Christmas... around the same time I found out I was pregnant for the second time. We were beyond excited to celebrate both a baby and a new job for Christmas and couldn't wait for 2012 to start.

Just as it seemed that all of "our plans" were falling into place... God had a different plan. After our second miscarriage earlier this month, we found ourselves really questioning why God was allowing us to go through all of this. 2011 seemed to end on the highest note possible, only to have the bottom fall out in the beginning of 2012. While we don't have all of the answers, and probably never will- we do know that God is faithful and He will carry us through this.

On February 6th, I will begin my new job and am looking forward to it very much. It encompasses many of my strengths- event planning and volunteer coordination and combines them with the compassion I have for our patients and my love for camps. Dustin and I are both excited about this new opportunity and know that the timing of everything is no surprise to God. While my previous job at Children's was perfect for the season of life we were in, we know that this is the next step and trust that He is preparing us for when we do get to bring our baby home in our arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment