Thursday, February 2, 2012

Creamy Margherita Pizza

Just by looking at the title, you can probably guess that I made this while husband wasn't home."Creamy" is on his list of disliked words and really most of his disliked foods. It is a recipe I got from a friend's blog who got it from here

Ingredients
- 1 roll Pillsbury pizza dough
- 1/2 cup Philadelphia cooking cream, Italian cheese and herb.
- 1 tomato sliced thin
- 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese (I really used about a whole cup, let's be honest)
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped

Directions 
1. Drizzle some EVOO on a cookie sheet to prevent sticking.

2. Roll out the pizza dough to desired thickness.

3. Spread the Philly cooking cream on the dough. I don't really like to measure, so I ended up using a bit too much. You should end up spreading a very thin layer on the dough (not like my pictures below).

4. Sprinkle the chopped basil evenly on top of the cooking cream.

5. Layer the tomatoes evenly across.

6. Top with mozzarella cheese.

7. Bake for 10-12 minutes at 425 or until the crust is brown and the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment