Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Whole 30

Yes, you read that title right. This pasta loving, cheese snacking and ice cream eating girl is jumping on the Whole 30 bandwagon. If you've never heard of Whole 30 before, it's basically 30 days of clean eating. No grains, sugar, dairy, legumes or processed food. Basically my entire diet before. On Whole 30, you stick to meat, fruit, veggies, nuts and healthy fats. It's 30 days to reset your body, speed up your metabolism, boost your immune system and change that way you think about food. The website provides a lot more information than I could ever explain, so feel free to take a look if you're interested in learning more.

Both the husband and I are tackling the program for the next 30 days. Finn will eat all of the same meals, but I'll continue to include pasta, beans, rice, dairy, etc. in his portions as we are not subjecting him to this craziness. Several people have asked if it's safe to eat this way while breastfeeding since I currently have a two month old. I am not restricting calories by any means, but rather choosing better calories. Instead of cookies, chips and ice cream- I'm eating way more fruit, nuts and healthy fats. So while I'm not using this as a diet per say, I am also working the gym back into my schedule in hopes of being back in my pre-pregnancy clothes sooner rather than later. Nothing says accountability like posting it for everyone to see, so here goes nothing. I will keep as up to date as possible on here as well as post recipes I've found that I like.

The first one is an easy peasy trail mix for snacking anytime, anywhere. Since I am breastfeeding, I need to have snacks easily accessible at all times. I made a big container of this yesterday and I can already tell this will be a staple during the next 30 days. You can really customize it however you'd like. Just make sure all of your ingredients don't have added sugar.

Whole 30 Tropical Trail Mix
Banana chips 
Dried pineapple
Dried assorted berries (watch out for added sugar here)
Cashews
Walnuts
Shredded coconut

Just add several handfuls of each until you get the amount you want. Put a lid on a shake until everything is thoroughly mixed. Enjoy!
post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment