Friday, April 20, 2012

Something New

Yesterday was my last day in Volunteer Services at Children's and it was very bittersweet... but not for the reason I was anticipating. My day started by attending a memorial service for one of my favorite seven year olds. The service was at North Point and it was absolutely perfect. We were able to celebrate his short little life and rejoice in the fact that he is no longer restrained by his broken body and is able to run freely with Jesus.

While I knew that this would be an emotional service, I never anticipated how the Lord would use it to speak specifically to my heart as it is still healing from the loss of my own little ones. The past year of our lives has taken us down a road that we never thought we would have traveled. While there is a permanent place in my heart for our first two babies, I can rejoice that they are also with Jesus and I will get to meet them one day. I know that their brief lives are serving a greater purpose in Heaven than they would've if they were with us.

I start my new part-time schedule next week with mixed emotions. While I am excited about the thought of staying home more- I am also met with the thought that I would've been home with my sweet babies. Instead I am starting next week with the trust that God's plans are bigger than mine and the hope that our best days are ahead of us.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31

I posted this last summer, but now when our sweet Creed lifts his hands, his Heavenly Father is there to pick him up.

No comments:

Post a Comment