Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Green Monster

No- not this Green Monster...
 

 This one...
 

Ok, so I know what you're thinking. There is a certain ick factor to drinking a green beverage (that is apparently the same color as my kitchen walls.) But seriously- this is YUM-O! You get all of the benefits of the leafy green goodness that is spinach without the taste. Benefits like Vitamins A, C, K, iron, fiber, folate, lutein, magnesium, potassium, protein and calcium... not to mention a full serving of fruits and vegetables. Curious yet? Give it a try and I promise you will be as surprised as I was.

Ingredients
- 1 banana
- 3/4 cup of vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 handfuls of spinach (or in my case, as much as you can cram into the blender)

Directions
Blend everything together until smooth. I also blended in a handful of ice at the end to chill it. The colder it is- the more milkshake-ish it is.





I just might be incorporating this into my daily diet. It's simple, delicious and beyond healthy. Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. crazy! chris and I were just having this conversation today! so excited to try this one

    ReplyDelete