Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup

I made this last night for dinner. No, it wasn't the crisp, cool August weather that made me want soup, but rather this is one of my absolute favorite recipes. There are two reason that I love to make it: 1. It is DELICIOUS 2. It is souper (couldn't resist) easy! I mean you really can't mess it up. It's perfect after a long day at work or to just have it cooking while you are home doing other things. Try it for yourself!

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts  (frozen or thawed... doesn't matter)
1 carton of chicken broth
1 can of black beans (well drained)
1 can of pinto beans (well drained)
1 can of yellow corn (not drained)
1 can of diced tomatoes with green chiles (not drained- I use Publix brand, but you can use Rotel)
1 packet of taco seasoning (again, I use Publix brand)
4 green onions (chopped)
2 limes
handful of cilantro (chopped)
garlic powder (a couple shakes)
shredded cheese for topping (I use Publix brand four cheese Mexican)

Directions
Are you ready for this? I just might blow your mind with how easy this is.

1. Place chicken in the crock pot (again, frozen or thawed- doesn't matter)

2. Dump everything else in the crock pot (with the exception of the cheese and limes)

3. Squeeze both limes into the crock pot

4. Cook on low for 4 hours (for thawed chicken) or 7 hours (for frozen chicken)

5. Once it's done, shred the chicken with two forks in the crock pot, stir and voila!

I like to serve it topped with sliced avocado, sour cream and cheese. Enjoy!

*Note- I did not take this picture. It was eaten too quickly and I forgot to take a picture. I did choose this picture because it looks very similar.



No comments:

Post a Comment