I have been on Pintrest now for a while, but have yet to actually attempt any recipes, crafts or interior design- until last night. If you are not aware of what Pinterest is, it is like someone reached inside my head and created a website from my brain. It actually warrants its own post, but I don't have that much time right now. Last night, however, I made a recipe that turned out DELICIOUS. It is from here. I did tweak it a little bit.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Pizza
1 pizza dough ball (I use the Publix Italian found in the bakery section)
6 cloves garlic, minced (I actually used 8... what can I say? I'm Italian)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
3 green onions, chopped
2 cups cherry (or grape) tomatoes sliced in half
1 teaspoon adobo sauce (found by the taco seasoning and salsa)
1/2 lb medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
1 avocado, diced
1. Preheat oven to 400°, preferably with a pizza stone. Roll out the pizza dough. Brush with olive oil and 4 cloves of chopped minced garlic. Then spread cheese evenly over the top.
2. In a medium sauté pan add 1 tbsp olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 cloves (or 4) of garlic and stir until fragrant. Then add the shrimp to the pan and stir for a 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the tomatoes, green onions and adobo sauce to the pan, and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes to soften the tomatoes and flavor the shrimp.
4. Spread the shrimp mixture over the pizza, and sprinkle some more cheese on top.
5. Bake at 400° for about 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and immediately top with cilantro and sliced avocado. Squeeze lime juice over top of the pizza.
6. Serve and ENJOY!
Photo credit to here.