Monday, December 22, 2014

Cinnamon Sugar Crescents

Usually on Christmas morning, we have cinnamon rolls of some sort but I forgot to get some the last time I was at the store, so when we did our little family Christmas morning yesterday at home, I whipped these little gems up. We did have a roll of crescent dough, however. After a quick Pinterest search, I found this super yummy recipe that is sure to be repeated.

Cinnamon Sugar Crescent Rolls
1 roll of crescent dough in the can (I used Trader Joe's)

Filling:
6 tablespoons butter, softened
¼ cup white sugar
2½ teaspoons cinnamon

Glaze:
2 tablespoons butter, melted
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions:
1. Preheat oven according to package directions.
2. Place the unrolled and separate crescent rolls on an ungreased rimmed cookie sheet (one with sides- very important as the butter will melt all over).

Filling:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, sugar and cinnamon
2. Evenly spread the cinnamon butter over the crescent rolls and roll up tightly.
3. Bake according to package directions.

Glaze:
1. In a small bowl, mix together the butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
2. Place in a zip lock bag and snip a tiny corner off (of just use a spoon like I did, because I was out of small bags).
3. Drizzle the glaze over the cinnamon rolls.

I dare you not to eat one right off the pan when they're done. The husband actually said "it tastes like a Krispy Kreme doughnut" and Finn thoroughly enjoyed his special breakfast treat.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment