Sunday, February 26, 2012

Fruit Pizza

With as warm as the temp has been recently, I have been getting some spring fever. Summer can wait for a while... but Spring is welcome any day. I made this for dessert last night for dinner with our friends and came home with an empty plate. It is super easy and looks fancy schmancy...

Fruit Pizza (adapted from here)
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 8 oz. cream cheese (I use low-fat)
- 1/3 cup of white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sliced fruit (You can use whatever fruit you would like, but I made it with strawberries and kiwi because they were on sale. I've also made a very patriotic version with blueberries because husband likes blueberries... but they were $5 a container, so this is fruit pizza - sans blueberries).

Directions:
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 and lightly grease a cookie sheet (you can also use an un-greased pizza stone).

2. Roll cookie dough out to form one large cookie and bake for 10-15 minutes depending on thickness.

3. While your cookie is baking, soften cream cheese by heating for about 20 seconds in the microwave (out of the aluminum wrapper of course).

4. Mix together the cream cheese, vanilla and sugar using a hand mixer on medium until smooth like icing.

5. Once the cookie is completely cool, spread the cream cheese icing evenly and arrange the fruit in a pretty pattern. Be sure to refrigerate it if not serving immediately.

Enjoy!



I made this for our monthly "family dinner" with these lovely ladies and their hubs. I must also give credit for the below picture to Andrea. Thanks for documenting, friend.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! Looks delicious. I just became your newest follower (thanks to blog hop till you drop). I would love it if you could stop over and follow me back at whilewearingheels.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete