We are now almost a week into December and I have yet to write a Christmas post. This is my busiest time of year at work, so I am lucky that I have time to sit down at my computer at all. This recipe is worth it, though. If you need a festive candy to make for entertaining, this is it.
1 bag of dark chocolate chips
1 bag of white chocolate chips
8 candy canes (crushed)
1. Line a 13 x 9 baking dish with foil so it doesn't stick.
2. Melt the dark chocolate chips and a splash of vegetable oil (this keeps it from sticking and makes it smooth- don't skip!) on the stove top over low stirring constantly.
3. Once melted completely, pour into the baking dish and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Repeat the same process with the white chocolate chips and pour over the dark chocolate chips. Smooth it out, but be sure not to mix the layers.
5. Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top while it's still hot.
6. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and then break up into smaller pieces.
Yes, our house is fully decorated but I have yet to take pictures. Don't you worry, though- that post will be next!