Friday, December 9, 2011

Deck the Halls

Our house has been fully decorated for a week now, and I feel like our house is happiest when it's full of twinkling lights and the scent of Yankee Candle's "Christmas Cookie" ... ok, maybe I'm happiest. This really is my favorite time of year and my husband would attest to that.

We loaded up in Dustin's expedition and merrily made our way to the tree farm Home Depot to pick out our Christmas tree. We went on a Monday night when it was 38 degrees and drizzling because it was the only available time we had and picked out the first one we saw. I'm all about traditions, but I'm totally fine if this one changes when kiddos come along.


He was thrilled.

The finished product wasn't so bad though.


The garland on the bannister could be considered a marital test... seeing as how it took two trips to Home Depot and we had to have it up by the time the ACC Championship started. Husband stayed very positive and Clemson's W made it even better.













We go all out for the kids at Children's. This year Santa made an early appearance along with his elves and two reindeer (two very large elves and two very small reindeer).



The big man was busy, so I took his sleigh for a spin.

Lastly, I will leave you with this. We had a tacky Christmas party for K-Life and husband likes any opportunity to sport a comb over and a turtle neck.


Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment