Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Slow Cooker Potato Soup

Sometimes I think I could live on soup for the rest of my life... and pasta, but right now my focus is on soup. As the weather gets colder, my crock pot gets hotter from everyday use. I love walking in our house on a cold day to home cooked soup, curling up on the couch with a blanket and sitting by a fire. Today, it's raining and 68. I'll take what I can get. I used it as a good excuse to make another one of my favorites.

Slow Cooker Potato Soup
5 medium sized red potatoes (cubed with skin on)
6 green onions (chopped)
4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
1 pint of half and half (I use fat free)
1 can of condensed cream of potato soup
8 oz. container of sour cream (I use low fat)
1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
Milk (I use low fat, but whole milk would give you a thicker consistency)

1. Place potatoes in bottom of crock pot.

2. Toss in the chopped garlic and 4 chopped green onions over the potatoes.

3.  Mix in the half and half, condensed soup and sour cream.

4. Pour in milk until potatoes are covered and desired consistency is reached.

5. Cook on low for 6 hours.

6. Mix in cheddar cheese and let simmer until melted through. Salt and pepper to taste.

I like to top it with a scoop of sour cream, the remaining green onion, cheddar cheese and some crumbled up bacon. YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment