Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering

It's hard to believe that it's been 10 years since September 11, 2001. Both Dustin and I have the same memory from that day... we were in Mrs. Hessalink's Spanish Class at South Aiken when they rolled in a chunker of a TV on a cart. When I look at everything we've done in the past 10 years, it easy to see that it's been that long- sometimes it feels like longer, but when I watch the TV footage of the attacks... it feels like it was just yesterday. I am and will always be a George W. Bush fan. If you haven't read Decision Points, I highly suggest it. He wrote it from his personal prospective and he speaks from his heart. It will give you new insight into this day and how the decisions he made for the rest of his presidency reflect it.













It's funny how every other day of the year, the country is so wrapped up in the economy, our debt, bipartisanship (which will truly never happen), name calling, finger pointing, bashing the war, keeping prayer out of schools and taking "one nation under God" out of our Pledge of Allegiance... but every year on September 11, it all comes to a stop and we remember what it means to really live in this country. I think that all of the above can be resolved by looking at our country through this same lens every day of the year. I'm not running for office... I'm just saying. Here is a video from the July 4th Service at our church, Buckhead Church and I think it also speaks volumes today. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment