Bruschetta Chicken with Avocado (adapted from here)
1 cup balsamic vinegar
salt & pepper
1/2 cup pre-made bruschetta topping
1 avocado, sliced
4oz mozzarella cheese, sliced (or 1 cup shredded)
baby spinach or pasta, for serving
1. Pour balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan then bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium then simmer and reduce until vinegar is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 20 minutes. (Vinegar will continue to thicken while cooling.) Set aside to cool.
2. Place oven rack in top position then preheat broiler.
3. Brush chicken breasts with extra virgin olive oil then season with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Add EVOO to a large skillet (I also added some chopped garlic) and heat to medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and cook for 4-5 minutes a side, or until no longer pink in the center.
3. Line a baking dish with foil and spray with non-stick spray and transfer chicken.
4. Top chicken with a scoop of bruschetta mixture, 3-4 slices avocado and 1 slice mozzarella each. Broil until cheese has melted and drizzle with the balsamic reduction.
I served it over spinach alongside some fresh avocado as more of a salad but this would also be amazing over pasta. Enjoy!