Skinny Tomato Basil Pasta (from here)
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced in 1 inch cubes
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 tsp each of dried oregano and dried basil
- kosher salt and fresh pepper
- 8 oz thin spaghetti (or the pasta of your choice)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved (I had Roma on hand, so I cut those up and used those instead)
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 4 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh basil (I have an abundance growing out back, so I used more like 6-7 tbsp and it was delish)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil.
2. Season chicken generously with salt, pepper, oregano and dried basil. Heat a large skillet on high heat. When hot, spray with oil and add chicken.
3. Cook about 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove chicken and set aside.
4. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Reserve about 1/2 cup pasta water before draining.
5. While pasta cooks, add olive oil to skillet on medium heat.
6. Add garlic and sauté until golden brown (do not burn). Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and reduce heat to medium-low. Sauté about 4-5 minutes.
7. When pasta is drained, add pasta to tomatoes and toss well. If pasta seems too dry, add some of the reserved pasta water. Add fresh basil and chicken and toss well.
8. Serve topped with some grated parmesan- Bon Appetit!