Buffalo Turkey Burgers (adapted from here)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO), divided
- 1 lb lean ground turkey breast
- 1 tbsp McCormick's Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. Place a healthy drizzle of oil in a mixing bowl. Add the turkey, poultry seasoning, McCormick's seasoning, garlic and green onions. Mix the burgers and form into 4 1-inch thick patties.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat cook the burgers for 6 minutes on each side (or until cooked through).
3. Remove to a plate.
4. Wipe the pan clean and reduce the heat to low. Melt the butter in the pan. Add the hot sauce to the melted butter.
5. Return the burgers to the skillet and turn to coat in the hot sauce/butter mixture. Let simmer for about 3 minutes until fully coated.
Serve on your choice of bun (or no bun for a low carb option) with your favorite toppings. I love spinach, tomato and light blue cheese dressing. I also served them with sweet potato fries (husband's favorite)- YUM!