We did a BYOM or bring your own meat to break in the new grill. Each couple also brought a yummy side-dish/appetizer/dessert. I made a broccoli and ramen noodle salad. It is one of my favorite summertime dishes, so I hope you will give it a try.
Broccoli Ramen Noodle Salad
- 1 (16 ounce) package broccoli coleslaw mix
- 2 (3 ounce) packages chicken flavored ramen noodles
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the slaw, broken uncooked noodles and green onions.
2. Whisk together the sugar, oil, vinegar and 1 ramen seasoning packet. Pour over salad and toss to evenly coat. Refrigerate until chilled; top with almonds and sunflower seeds before serving.
*This is great to make the day before and let it marinate over night. If you do this, don't add the ramen noodles until a couple hours before serving, so they don't get mushy.
This is a very special group of people that we have been so blessed to share life with over the past two and a half years. While our time as meeting together as an "official group" may be over, the friendships we've made are not (collective aww...) I can't wait to continue to catch up with you all over the months and years ahead.
Our group minus Beth and baby Sara (we missed you both!)