I will admit that Summer is not my favorite season. My heart belongs to Fall. Don't get me wrong, I love a good trip to the beach and and a cute pair of sandals... but I'd be lying if I said the thought of crisp Falls days, pumpkins and college football didn't make my heart skip a beat. I do, however, love Summer recipes. Here is an easy one that I will be making quite often this summer. I also want to give credit to Dani from cleananddelicous.com for this recipe.
1 lb of shrimp peeled and deveined
3/4 cup fat free plain greek yogurt
1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
Juice from 1 lime
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
About 5 cups of thinly sliced cabbage
8 corn tortillas
1. Heat tortillas over medium heat in a dry skillet until warm and starting to form small brown spots. Set aside on a plate covered with a clean kitchen towel.
2. Mix yogurt, cayenne, lime juice, cilantro & salt in a small bowl, set aside.
3. Heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a medium non-stick skillet and add cabbage. Cook for about four minutes or until the cabbage is just barely wilted. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Sauté shrimp in about two teaspoons of olive oil and season with salt, pepper and a dash of cayenne pepper over medium heat just until done. I also added a dash of garlic powder. They cook up in just a few minutes… so be sure to watch them!
5. Build your taco! Spoon some cilantro sauce on the tortilla, and fill with shrimp and cabbage. I also added some sliced avocado... because let's be real- fresh avocado makes everything better.