Thursday, October 13, 2011

Salmon with Mango Avocado Salsa

I realize this is more of a "summer-ish" dish, but salmon was on sale at Publix. I love salmon and really have never had it prepared in a way that I didn't like. This was no different- delish!

Salmon
4 Salmon filets
EVOO
Pinch of sea salt
Black pepper

Mango Avocado Salsa
1 medium-sized avocado (diced)
1 small mango (peeled and diced)
1/3 red onion (minced)
1/2 tomato (diced)
2 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
1 tbsp fresh lime juice (I used two whole limes... but I love lime)
1/2 tsp fresh jalapeno (diced)

Directions:
1. Combine salsa ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

2. Salmon can really be cooked any way you like. I baked it in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes, but it would be great grilled or pan-seared as well.

3. Once salmon is cooked, top with the salsa.

Enjoy this rediculously easy recipe! I served it with rice and roasted broccoli, but next time I don't even think I need to serve it with another vegetable because the salsa could really be a side dish itself. The recipe is from here, but I tweaked it a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment