Monday, February 11, 2013

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff

There's nothing better than coming home from work on a cold day and having a warm dinner waiting for you. I've been making this for quite some time and it always hits the spot. It is so so easy, doesn't involve a lot of ingredients and tastes so yummy.

Slow Cooker Chicken Stroganoff
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I use Campbell's healthy request)
1 container of Philly cooking cream (I usually use the plain, but they were out of that so I used the Italian herb and cheese)
1 packet of Italian dressing mix
1 container of mushrooms of your choice (I used sliced white)
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/2 bag of egg noodles (I actually used no yolk noodles)

Directions
1. Place chicken on the bottom of your slow cooker and pour soup, chicken broth and dressing mix on top. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

2. Once the chicken is cooked, coarsely shred with two forks. Mix in the Philly cooking cream and mushrooms. Cook on high for another 30 min or so.

3. Cook the egg noodles according to package directions.

4. Serve the chicken mushroom mixture over the noodles. I usually serve alongside some easy steamed veggies.

Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I love a good stroganoff!! Thanks for sharing. :) Visiting today from Thursday's Favorite Things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Found your post on Thursday Favorite Things! I would love to have you share this on The Creative HomeAcre Hop today :)
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop-4.htmlt

    ReplyDelete