All of this cold and rainy weather we've been having lately has really gotten me in the mood for some comfort food. This recipe is super easy and definitely healthier than your typical frozen version.
Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pk pre-made frozen pie crusts (contains two; I used an organic brand from Publix. You can make your own crust if you'd like)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used Campbell's healthy request)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (I used Campbell's healthy request)
- 1/3 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1/2 sweet onion chopped
- poultry seasoning, salt and pepper to taste
1. Place chicken in crock pot and and pour soups on top. Season with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.
2. Shred the chicken with two forks and mix in the veggies, onion and sour cream until blended. Cook on low for about another hour and a half.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 400 and allow the pie crusts to thaw out of the freezer for about 10 min.
4. Fill one pie crust with the chicken/veg mixture and top with the other pie
crust. I poured a little low fat melted butter on top once it was sealed. Also,
cut a few slits in the top so the steam can get out. Bake at 400 for
about 45 min or until the crust is golden.