Who doesn't love homemade pizza? And really, I will eat bacon and avocado on just about anything so this was the perfect combo.
Bacon Avocado Pizza (adapted from here)
- 1 pkg pre-made pizza dough (I love Publix's pre-made doughs and used the multi grain for this one)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/2 cups your favorite pizza sauce (I added about 2 tbsp brown sugar to sweeten it)
- handful of freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 small sweet onion chopped
- 8 pieces of cooked bacon
- 1 avocado sliced
1. Roll out pizza dough on a cookie sheet drizzled with EVOO (or you can use a pizza stone) to desired thickness.
2. Spread sauce onto the dough and evenly sprinkle cheese.
3. Sprinkle the chopped onion and bacon evenly across the top. *I did not cook the onion beforehand and there was still a little bit of crisp once it was cooked on the pizza. If you do not like any crunch whatsoever in the onion, you will want to saute it for a few minutes before topping the pizza.
4. Cook according to the directions on your pizza dough. Mine was perfect after about 16 minutes on 400.
5. Immediately after taking the pizza out of the onion, top with the chopped cilantro and avocado
It tastes the best if you serve it alongside the Christmas tree while watching a Christmas movie.... just saying. Enjoy!