Apple Banana Muffins (adapted from here)
*Makes 12 large muffins or 24 mini muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 medium apples, peeled, fine chopped (I actually used 5 small organic apples from Trader Joes)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (I actually used low fat butter and you could not tell at all)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. In a large bowl (I used my Kitchenaid mixer for everything), mash bananas and blend in melter butter.
3. Add sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Stir in baking soda and salt.
5. Add flour and stir until blended.
6. Stir apples into mixture
7. Place in muffin pan with paper cups
8. Bake 25 – 30 minutes.
Enjoy! I dare you not to eat one as soon as they come out of the oven.