Friday, December 21, 2012

Apple Banana Muffins

I'm going to be honest. I really did not have high expectations of this recipe. I was looking to use up some bananas and apples that were quickly going bad. Boy was I surprised. Oh. My. Yum. These were so deliciously moist and flavorful, I inhaled two of them before they even had the chance to cool had to eat one right away. Because of all the fruit, you almost feel healthy eating them. These would make a great addition to your Christmas morning spread, because your house will smell like Christmas with these in the oven. Delish!

Apple Banana Muffins (adapted from here)
*Makes 12 large muffins or 24 mini muffins
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 medium apples, peeled, fine chopped (I actually used 5 small organic apples from Trader Joes)
- 1/3 cup melted butter (I actually used low fat butter and you could not tell at all)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350°F

2. In a large bowl (I used my Kitchenaid mixer for everything), mash bananas and blend in melter butter.

3. Add sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix well.

4. Stir in baking soda and salt.

5. Add flour and stir until blended.

6. Stir apples into mixture

7. Place in muffin pan with paper cups

8. Bake 25 – 30 minutes.

Enjoy! I dare you not to eat one as soon as they come out of the oven. 

1 comment:

  1. These do sound good-- I imagine the cinnamon filling the house (along with the banana and apple smell) with its wonderful scent- YUM!

    Another blogger and I run a Healthy Tuesday Blog Hop and I think recipes like this would be a wonderful addition to our hop. If you are interested, here is the link for this week: http://www.countrylivingonahill.com/2013/01/healthy-tuesday-blog-hop.html. We would love to have you stop over and link up sometime!

    Hope to see you soon. Kerry from Country Living On A Hill

    ReplyDelete