Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thirty days of thankful: day twenty

Both husband and I have been fighting off some nasty colds for the past week or so. It has been on these evenings that I am thankful for my crock pot, because it allows me to cook warm comfort food with little to no effort. Here is a recipe we had the other night that hit the spot and will now be a winter staple.

Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup
1 1/2 cups of frozen carrots and peas (about half a bag)
1 roll refrigerated biscuits

Directions
1. Place the chicken and soups in the crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours.

2. Shred the chicken with two forks and mix in the frozen veggies.

3. Tear the biscuit dough into smaller pieces and layer on top of the chicken mixture. You'll actually do this to the raw dough (I know, I was skeptical too, but the next step actually cooks the biscuits into a delightful dumpling-like consistency).

4. Cook on high for an hour and then mix everything together.

Adapted from here. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment