Saturday, July 7, 2012

Happy Trails...

When I started this blog four years ago, I was typing from camp (or kamp) property in Branson, MO. I had just lived through my first (and what I imagined to be my only) summer living at camp. We slept in a cabin, ate in the dining hall and participated in all other aspects of "camp life" for a year (which at the time had felt like the longest year of my life). When we moved to Atlanta in April 2008, I thought I was packing away my Chaco's for good. Little did I know that four years later, I would be a camp director of my very own summer camp. I hate the heat, run from bugs and enjoy my technology (hello, blog?). The fact that my perfect job now involves sporting my pony tail and headband, Nike shorts and Chaco's while I walk around in a cloud of sunscreen and bug spray just screams irony don't you think? I could not be more thankful for this job and the schedule it allows me to have at Children's. As I head out to camp today, I will remind myself of that daily while braving the 100+ Georgia heat.

Happy trails ya'll...

No comments:

Post a Comment