Friday, February 2, 2018

Winter

SO normally I'm one that likes seasons to feel like seasons. Meaning I like it to be warm (not hot) in the summer, cool in the fall and cold in the winter. I don't mind it being cold when it's supposed to be cold. Summer seems to last about 7 months here. This year, this sign couldn't be more true.
I'm sure it's the combination of having boys that would live outside and the fact that the flu season is a monster this year, so we haven't been leaving the house. Other than school (which is even a question mark), we have put all other activities on hold. No church, no Chick-fil-A, no mall playgrounds, no tiny carts at Trader Joe's. Mama may lose her mind, but Jude is too young for a flu shot. So that leaves us playing in every corner of our house until it's a little less cold (still not warm) to go outside later in the day. We've also watched a lot of movies.

We got a little more snow. I say a little, because after the pre-Christmas blizzard of 2017 it immediately feels like I'm from the north. Anything less than 6in doesn't feel like much at all and this was probably closer to two. 



Every year on MLK weekend, my college roommates and I manage to escape for the weekend. I say escape, because we have 14 kids between us so it takes a lot of work to leave a preschool behind. 

Pre-quarantine shopping trip.

 Drowning in babies and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Trying out all sorts of new big boy things with this one.

I posted this picture for his 4mo post, but couldn't not post it here too. Jude's pouty lip is just the cutest and definitely lets us know when he doesn't like something. 

We went to a family wedding in TX and Jude was  the perfect little third wheel.


 Any time that daddy is home generally looks like this. PJ's, puffy coats and all the balls outside.
 But seriously, winter, you can move along now.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment