Friday, November 15, 2013

Caprese Pizza

I made this on a whim last weekend and it was SO yummy! I didn't really follow a recipe, but it's got all of the delicious caprese ingredients spread on a pizza so you really can't go wrong. This made a pretty big pizza, but the husband and I did manage to eat the whole thing. Just writing this is making me want to make it again, so I definitely suggest you try it out for your next homemade pizza night (are we the only ones that do those?)..

Caprese Pizza
- 1 pkg refrigerated pizza dough (I use Trader Joe's or Publix)
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella cheese
- Handful of fresh basil
- Tomatoes (You can really use whatever you have. I had a container of grape tomatoes that needed to be used, so I sliced those on half and used those. You could easily use any other type of tomatoes.)
- 1/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
- Chopped fresh garlic (I used 3 cloves, but I love garlic)
- EVOO
- Salt and Pepper
- Crushed red pepper (optional)

Directions
1. Roll out your pizza dough on a floured surface to desired thickness.

2. Sprinkle the dough with EVOO and rub evenly over the dough.

3. Spread sliced mozzarella and tomatoes evenly across the pizza.

4. Sprinkle garlic, salt, pepper and crushed red pepper on top and bake according to pizza dough instructions.

5. While your pizza is in the oven, simmer the balsamic vinegar in a small pot on low for about 10 min or until it's thick enough to coat a spoon. The vinegar cooks out and you're left with a deliciously sweet reduction for your pizza. 

6. After you remove it from the oven, top with freshly torn basil and balsamic reduction.

Oh. my. yum. Enjoy!!

This is before it goes into the oven.

And this is the gloriousness once it's finished.

And since I now realize no post is complete without a picture of the little man... here he is braving the arctic temps we've been having in Atlanta. Hard to believe he turned 8 weeks yesterday!


We seem to be a little behind in the smiling department, but they certainly melt this mama's heart.



post signature

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious!! Can't wait to sweet Finn twice next week!

    ReplyDelete