Spinach Lasagna Rolls (originally from here)
- 9 lasagna noodles, cooked
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and completely drained
- 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- salt and fresh pepper
- 32 oz of your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 cups part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine spinach, ricotta, Parmesan, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
2. Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
3. Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out cooked lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry.
4. Take 1/3 cup of ricotta mixture and spread evenly over noodle. I also sprinkled a layer of mozzarella cheese on top of the ricotta mixture- YUM.
5. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
6. Ladle sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese.
7. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, or until cheese melts. Makes 9 rolls.
To serve, ladle a little sauce on the plate and top with lasagna roll. Serve with your favorite salad and garlic bread and ENJOY!
Before going in the oven:
And when you're cooking for a crowd, you can multiply the recipe by 2 1/2