Thursday, April 2, 2015

Welcome home...

We are so happy to introduce you to our newest little man, Ryder James Oprea. He joined us on March 19, 2015 at 9:54PM and was 8lbs and 21.25in. We are so in love with our little guy and Finn is warming up to the fact that there is another little person that lives with us.

At my OB appointment on Wed. March 18, I was already 40 weeks 1 day and the ultrasound showed the cord was around his neck. His stats were fine, so that wasn't too much of an immediate concern but my doctor still thought it'd be best to schedule an induction for the next day. Also during that appointment, the non stress test showed I was having pretty regular contractions even though I hadn't felt a thing. After my appointment, we headed to brunch to let the fact that we were going to have a baby the next day really sink in. We headed home to finish packing our bags, call our families and spend as much time with our first little man as possible. That night, I was having some more intense contractions, so we headed to the hospital for what started out as a scheduled induction that then turned into active labor. No progress was really made overnight, so they started pitocin in the morning and broke my water around lunchtime. It was also around this time that I had my epidural. Still throughout the day, no real progress was made, so they kept increasing the pitocin. Unfortunately, every time they increased it to a certain level, Ryder's heart rate would drop. The nurses would then have to stop the pitocin, administer another drug to counteract it and and massage my stomach to release the contraction. I was also put on oxygen, because Ryder needed extra oxygen. After this happened three times, the doctor finally came in to talk about a c-section. At this point, it was 9pm and I was actually relieved. I just wanted our little man out safely and gladly accepted the c-section if that's what it was going to take to get him here. 30 minutes later, we heard his sweet little cries and were so in love! Here is a glimpse into our first two weeks with our newest little guy.

 Meeting big brother for the first time!
 First pic as a family of four!

 Going home!

Finn spent a week in Aiken thanks to Oma and Opa to give us some time to adjust and we were so happy to see our little guy come home!

 First doctor's appointment!

 First trip out of the house with both boys to the grocery store! Nonna has been in town since Ryder was born and has been a lifesaver since I can't do much at all for six weeks. The saddest part is not being able to pick up Finn and not being able to explain why. Luckily, he won't remember it like his mommy will and I'm trying to give him all of the snuggles I can while sitting down.

Speaking of our firstborn, he's picked up a new skill- jumping. It might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment